1. Cancellations – Your Right to Cancel
Please note that this right to cancel is additional to your other statutory rights as a consumer and our standard returns and exchanges policy below.
If you are a consumer (i.e. you are not a business and you are not purchasing products from us for purposes which are wholly or mainly in connection with any business you may have or trade you run), you have the right to cancel the contract formed with us when you purchased products on the Site. You can cancel the contract for any reason and at any time within the cancellation period (see below).
The cancellation period starts when we send you the order confirmation email (this email indicates that your order has been accepted by us and, therefore, that a contract has been formed between us) and ends 14 calendar days after the day on which the product(s) is/are delivered to you. If you ordered multiple products in a single order and we ship those products in separate deliveries to you, the cancellation period will end on the 14th day starting from the day after you received the last of the products in that order.
Calculating the cancellation period can be tricky, so here is an illustration to help you figure out how long you have:
- You place an order on 1 April.
- We send you an order confirmation email on 1 April. This is the date when the contract between us is formed.
- You receive delivery of your products on 5 April.
- The period for cancelling the contract starts on 5 April and ends 14 calendar days starting from the 5 April (date of delivery) Weekends, bank holidays and public holidays are counted when you calculate the 14 days.
How to Exercise the Right to Cancel
To cancel a contract as above, you need to:
1. Inform us of your decision to cancel the contract. To do this, send us an email/letter clearly stating that you wish to cancel your contract or make your cancellation to us in writing here (in each case, including your name and order number). Either way, you must send your email/letter to our Customer Services address before the end of the 14 day cancellation period.
2. Send the products back to us to the address set out below in the “Returns by Post” section below in the standard returns and exchanges policy. You must do this no later than 14 days after you notified us of the cancellation. Again, weekends, bank holidays and public holidays are counted when you calculate the 14 days. Please note that if you cancel the contract, you will have to pay the cost of returning the relevant products to us.
We are not obliged to give you a refund until we receive the products back from you or we receive evidence from you that you have sent them back to us. We strongly recommend you send the products using a secure or trackable method – i.e. Recorded/Special Delivery – and that you retain your proof of postage.
What Happens Next?
Provided that you have cancelled the contract as above and we have received the products back from you (or you have provided us with evidence that you have sent the products back to us) within 14 days of cancelling the contract, we will reimburse all payments received from you in respect of the products including delivery charges up to the value of the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any products supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (for example, if you have handled the products beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop).
The reimbursement will be paid (using the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction) within 14 days after receiving the returned products or the evidence that the products were sent. In the case of products that we have agreed to collect, the reimbursement will be paid within 14 days after the day you notified us of the cancellation.
Please note that this cancellation right does not apply to: (1) any personalised products; (2) any products made to your specifications or (4) other products which we have specified as non-returnable.
2. Faulty Items
Faulty items can be returned at any time. Should you receive a faulty item please contact Customer Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by phone on 01832 270446 stating your Order Number and the nature of the fault.
- UK Orders: We will reimburse postage costs.
- European Orders: Please then follow the instructions under Returns by Post below. We will refund the postage cost you incur to return the items.
Please ensure you return faulty items to us as soon as possible.
For faulty items that have been worn/used or returns outside our Standard Returns & Exchanges Policy, please contact Customer Services by email at email@example.com by phone on 01832 270446 for further assistance.
3. Our Standard Returns & Exchanges Policy
Standard Returns & Exchanges
Please note that this standard right of return or exchange is provided in addition to the cancellation right set out above and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
When you buy something from us, we hope you love it. However, should you change your mind (it happens to the best of us), and subject to the conditions set out below, you have 90 days from the despatch date to return Europe-bought full-price items to us for a refund or exchange. Sale items can be returned within 14 days from the despatch date for a refund or exchange.
For exchanges, please see the Exchanges section below. For returns, please follow the instructions set out in the Returns By Post sections below.
Our standard right of return or exchange is subject to the following conditions:
- 1. Swimwear and intimate apparel must have any hygiene seals intact to be eligible for return or exchange.
- 2. Unless an item is faulty or where you are exercising your right to cancel your contract, unwanted items need to be returned in a re-saleable condition. With that in mind, please keep all original packaging and return the items undamaged. For example, shoes should only be worn on a carpeted surface until you are certain you are keeping them.
Returns by Post
Please advise ‘return reason’ on paper and include in your return package, detailing each item, quantity, and why you are sending the item(s) back. Place this form in your parcel, along with your items. If you have a returns label, please attach it to your package.
If you do not have a returns label, please send your goods to:
Cool Cats Clothing – Returns
Be sure to send your package using a secure or traceable method – such as Royal Mail Signed For and that you keep your proof of postage.
Processing Your Refund
Processing your Refund
This section does not apply to refunds due where you have cancelled the contract (see the section above on Cancellations for further information).
If you return an item for any other reason, we will examine the item and will notify you of your refund within a reasonable period. Most returns will be processed in approximately 2-3 weeks although, on occasion, some returns may take up to 28 days to be processed. Your refund will be credited back to your original method of payment within approximately two days of being processed. Depending on your bank, it may take up to two billing cycles for the credit to appear on your credit card statement.
Please note that we are unable to issue refunds to expired bank cards – in this instance, we will issue the amount paid to you a cheque. Our delivery charges are non-refundable, and Cool Cats Clothing Ltd is not responsible for delivery fees or lost returns.
Unless you have cancelled the contract (see the section on Cancellations above) or are returning a faulty item, our delivery charges are non-refundable, and Cool Cats Clothing Ltd is not responsible for delivery fees or lost returns.
Faulty items will be refunded in full, including delivery charges for sending them to you and the cost incurred by you in returning them to us.
Should you wish to exchange an item, please contact us . We’ll place a new order for you – don’t worry, you won’t need to pay postage again. Please note that we can only exchange an item for the same style in a different size, and we are only able to do so for U.K. orders and orders that are not personalised.
Note that the period for exchanges is 90 days from the despatch date for Europe-bought full-price items and 14 days from the despatch date for sale items. This right of exchange is provided in addition to the cancellation right set out above and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
When returning items purchased through PayPal, items must be returned via post to our warehouse in order to receive a refund to your PayPal account.